As a candidate or incumbent running for or holding elected office in the United States, I promise to fairly represent all people—including those who face historical and systemic marginalization—and will advance policies, programs, and practices that:
- Affirm our democratic principles by encouraging voter participation and rejecting voter suppression and disenfranchisement.
- Promote diverse and inclusive schools, organizations, communities, towns, and cities.
- Champion job, business, and ownership opportunities that close income and wealth disparities.
- Strengthen access to quality public education and affordable post-secondary training options.
- Support a culture of health by advancing equitable, health-promoting options for all people and communities.
- Stand for equal justice under the law through police, prison, and legal reforms that guard civil liberties and protect human rights.
- Foster cross-cultural understanding through education and collaboration and by avoiding divisiveness.